Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Maitreyee Pasad <pa...@gst.com> on 2000/08/18 20:06:32 UTC

No error with character data in an element with no PCDATA

Hi All,

I am using xerces 1_0_3

Consider an xml file

<!DOCTYPE E1 [
<!ELEMENT E1 (X|Y)>
<!ELEMENT  Y  (#PCDATA) >
<!ELEMENT  X  (#PCDATA) >
]>

<E1> asdasd asd
   <X>test</X>
   <Y>test1</Y>
</E1>

When I run this through sax.SAXCount2 it gives an error

bash-2.02$ java sax.SAX2Count -v 'E:\Users\pasad\Examples\XML\test1.xml'
[Error] test1.xml:10:7: The content of element type "E1" must match
"(X|Y)".
E:\Users\pasad\Examples\XML\test1.xml: 2093 ms (3 elems, 0 attrs, 5
spaces, 24 chars)

But this error goes unnoticed in my own code. I do have validation on.
Is there any other
feature that needs to be tuned on/off? Could there be something else
wrong?

Thanks.

Maitreyee

Re: No error with character data in an element with no PCDATA

Posted by Maitreyee Pasad <pa...@gst.com>.
I tried to change to xerces 1.1.2 but I had errors saying it could not open
files.
I think it has to do with later versions of xerces needing uri
instead of absolute path names. So I can't use later versions of xerces
until I have that problem resolved.

If anyone has sample code as to how to solve this problem it would be
appreciated.

Posted by Maitreyee Pasad <pa...@gst.com>.
Yes. My error handler prints errors to screen for all three call backs but
nothing gets printed on the screen.

Maitreyee

Posted by rsanford <rs...@nolimitsystems.com>.