Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chris Picton <to...@tangent.co.za> on 2005/01/31 12:52:05 UTC

Redeployment of a webapp without restarting tomcat

Hi

I am using tomcat 5.0.X, and have the following serlvet.xml file:
/etc/tomcat5/Catalina/localhost/Servlet.xml
----
<Context path="" docBase="/home/chrisp/Servlet.war" reloadable="true"/>
----

I would like the webapp to be unloaded and reloaded when I make changes
to the war file.  autoDeploy and unpackWARs are both true in the
server.xml

Currently, when tomcat starts, it upacks Servlet.war
to /var/lib/tomcat5/webapps/ROOT.

If I update Servlet.xml, the webapp is reloaded, but not unpacked again,
even if the war file has changed.

Is there a way to get the war to be unpacked again if it has changed.  I
don't have the manager webapp installed, and do not want to install it.
Are there any other ways around my problem?

--
Chris Picton <to...@tangent.co.za>
Tangent Systems