Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by mm...@workzoo.com on 2002/08/30 10:40:30 UTC

[OT] Which is the fastest XML/XSL engine?

Hi,

This is rather off topic, but since I will be running this under mod_perl:

What is the fastest technology available for transforming XML using XSL under perl/mod_perl on apache? The only perl api I'm aware of is XML::XSLT which is not particularly fast. I'd like to do transforms in realtime for a high traffic site.

thanks,

Mark.

Re: [OT] Which is the fastest XML/XSL engine?

Posted by Eric Cholet <ch...@logilune.com>.
--On vendredi 30 août 2002 09:40 +0100 mmaunder@workzoo.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is rather off topic, but since I will be running this under mod_perl:
>
> What is the fastest technology available for transforming XML using XSL
> under perl/mod_perl on apache? The only perl api I'm aware of is
> XML::XSLT which is not particularly fast. I'd like to do transforms in
> realtime for a high traffic site.

Try XML::LibXSLT, in conjunction with XML::LibXML, these modules use
the Gnome project's LibXML and LibXSLT which are quite fast.

--
Eric Cholet