Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Clement Escoffier <cl...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/14 09:01:09 UTC

Reactor and extension problem

Hello,

I have a question about extension of artifact created with Reactor.

In the Felix project, we have 2 plugins :
    - one to build osgi-bundle
    - one to build ipojo-bundle (osgi-bundle + bytecode manipulation)

The Felix project has a pom file declaring all the module of the
project. But "sometimes" Maven install the artifact in the local
repository with the bad extension. ($artifactID.ipojo-bundle or
$artifactId.osgi-bundle)).The problem is very strange because it happens
only when you use reactor. Individually all is ok. Moreover, the
artifact inside the target directories are ok.

I reproduce the bug when the two following configuration :

If you write the your pom file with these modules :
<modules>
  <module>osgi-bundle1</module>
  <module>ipojo-bundle1</module>
</modules>

The ipojo bundle will be bad installed in the repository (with the
extension .ipojo-bundle). That is exactly what happens today with Felix.

If you inverse the two modules :
<modules>
  <module>ipojo-bundle1</module>
  <module>osgi-bundle1</module>
</modules>

The osgi-plugin will be installed in the repository with the bad
extension (.osgi-bundle).

As I understand that each maven plugin, impacting the packaging, should
customize an handler to indicate the packaging type (in the
component.xml)... The two plugins have this handler. Moreover, these
handlers works (when installed individually, the extension are ok). With
Reactor it seems that these two handlers are not called correctly, or
the configuration seems to be incorrect.

The handler of the iPOJO plugin has the following configuration ( the
other plugin have the same configuration) :
<component>
     <role>org.apache.maven.artifact.handler.ArtifactHandler</role>
     <role-hint>ipojo-bundle</role-hint>

<implementation>org.apache.maven.artifact.handler.DefaultArtifactHandler</implementation>

     <configuration>
       <extension>jar</extension>
       <type>ipojo-bundle</type>
       <includesDependencies>true</includesDependencies>
       <language>java</language>
       <addedToClasspath>true</addedToClasspath>
     </configuration>
</component>

We can add an other optional property in this configuration :
<packaging> but when I add :
<packaging>jar</packaging>
the individual  install process does no more works (the bundle is
installed with the bad extension ).

Has somebody an idea to solve this problem ?

Clement