Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Pramod Srinivasan <pr...@juniper.net> on 2013/02/20 00:04:08 UTC

quorum size

Hi,

I have an application where the quorum size for zookeeper server should change dynamically, can this be done at run time?

Thanks,
Pramod

RE: quorum size

Posted by Rakesh R <ra...@huawei.com>.
Hi Pramod,

Its interesting.

This will be supported once ZOOKEEPER-107 feature is in. With this users will be able to dynamically add/remove the zookeeper quorum peer(s).

I hope the following jira link will help you to get more idea.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-107 : Allow dynamic changes to server cluster membership

-Rakesh

Re: quorum size

Posted by Marshall McMullen <ma...@gmail.com>.
There is a patch available to add this functionality to zookeeper: