Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "McIntyre, Kevin" <km...@probation.nyc.gov> on 2003/03/19 21:08:37 UTC

Multiple Torque Adapters.

Sorry to ask again, but I'm lost in the woods.

Below shows 2 adapters that work individually in jetspeed when marked as
default.

Is there anyway to utilize both in jetspeed?

torque.applicationRoot = .

torque.database.default=db1
torque.database.db1.adapter=informix

torque.database.jetspeed.adapter=mysql

Re: Multiple Torque Adapters.

Posted by Michael Rothrock <mi...@michaelrothrock.com>.
You have to add entries for each of the dbs.  As an example, here are the
relevant entries from my Torque.properties:

torque.database.zb_content.adapter=postgresql
torque.database.lyris.adapter=postgresql

torque.dsfactory.zb_content.factory=\
  org.apache.torque.dsfactory.Jdbc2PoolDataSourceFactory
torque.dsfactory.zb_content.pool.defaultMaxActive=10
torque.dsfactory.zb_content.pool.testOnBorrow=true
torque.dsfactory.zb_content.pool.validationQuery=SELECT 1
torque.dsfactory.zb_content.connection.driver = org.postgresql.Driver
torque.dsfactory.zb_content.connection.url =
jdbc:postgresql://localhost/zb_content
torque.dsfactory.zb_content.connection.user = [user]
torque.dsfactory.zb_content.connection.password = [password]

torque.dsfactory.lyris.factory=\
  org.apache.torque.dsfactory.Jdbc2PoolDataSourceFactory
torque.dsfactory.lyris.pool.defaultMaxActive=10
torque.dsfactory.lyris.pool.testOnBorrow=true
torque.dsfactory.lyris.pool.validationQuery=SELECT 1
torque.dsfactory.lyris.connection.driver = org.postgresql.Driver
torque.dsfactory.lyris.connection.url = jdbc:postgresql://localhost/lyris
torque.dsfactory.lyris.connection.user = [user]
torque.dsfactory.lyris.connection.password = [password]

In my case, I maintain two separate torque directories (from the standalone
Torque distribution), one for each DB.  I then link the source directory
from one into the other, and use that as the "master" to compile all of my
source files, which I then deploy to my jetspeed installation.  I do it this
way for a variety of reasons that may not be relevant in your case--ymmv.

-- Michael