Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Alex Amato <aj...@google.com> on 2019/01/23 19:05:36 UTC

compileJava broken on master see: BEAM-6495

https://jira.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-6495?filter=-2

Any ideas, how this got through the precommit?

> Task :beam-sdks-java-extensions-sql:compileJava FAILED

/usr/local/google/home/ajamato/go/src/
github.com/apache/beam/sdks/java/extensions/sql/src/main/java/org/apache/beam/sdk/extensions/sql/impl/JdbcFactory.java:29:
error: cannot find symbol

import
org.apache.beam.sdk.extensions.sql.impl.parser.impl.BeamSqlParserImpl;

                                                          ^

  symbol:   class BeamSqlParserImpl

  location: package org.apache.beam.sdk.extensions.sql.impl.parser.impl

1 error

Re: compileJava broken on master see: BEAM-6495

Posted by Ruoyun Huang <ru...@google.com>.
On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 11:13 AM Alex Amato <aj...@google.com> wrote:

> Okay, make sense perhaps we can somehow make it fail when it fails to
> generate the dep, rather than when compiling the java code later on

That would be a good improvement on error message.  :-)

Or, does it make sense to manually check-in this particular error-prone
auto-gen code until this issue is resolved?

--
================
Ruoyun  Huang

Re: compileJava broken on master see: BEAM-6495

Posted by Michael Luckey <ad...@gmail.com>.
Unfortunately, I am not able to reproduce the issue. I tried very hard,
even downgrading the JDK. To no avail.

Looking at the logs you provided, everything seems fine. But obviously
there is something.

Did you ever try to switch of incremental compile (on that project)? No
idea, why this should cause the issue, but at least you might try to
exclude any issue here. Other point is the setup of the javacc output,
which is suspicious. But had not hat the time to look at it. Will do...

michel

Posted by Ryan Williams <ry...@runsascoded.com>.

Posted by Ryan Williams <ry...@runsascoded.com>.

Posted by Ryan Williams <ry...@runsascoded.com>.
Good to know, Reuven!

Posted by Reuven Lax <re...@google.com>.

Posted by Ryan Williams <ry...@runsascoded.com>.

Posted by Ryan Williams <ry...@runsascoded.com>.

Posted by Alex Amato <aj...@google.com>.

Posted by Ryan Williams <ry...@runsascoded.com>.

Posted by Alex Amato <aj...@google.com>.

Posted by Ryan Williams <ry...@runsascoded.com>.

Posted by Alex Amato <aj...@google.com>.

Posted by Ryan Williams <ry...@runsascoded.com>.

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <ke...@apache.org>.

Posted by Anton Kedin <ke...@google.com>.

Posted by Alex Amato <aj...@google.com>.

Posted by Anton Kedin <ke...@google.com>.

Posted by Rui Wang <ru...@google.com>.
https://github.com/apache/beam/blob/master/sdks/java/extensions/sql/build.gradle#L95

After a glance on sql build code, seems like it does some file copy
operations and then compile. It might be the source of race condition.

-Rui

Posted by Alex Amato <aj...@google.com>.
This kind of dependency can cause a flakey test? Seems like this kind of
thing would be a consistent failure, at least that's what I am seeing as
well

Posted by Ruoyun Huang <ru...@google.com>.

--
Ruoyun  Huang