Posted to users@solr.apache.org by "Rayner, June" <ra...@einetwork.net> on 2022/09/06 14:41:43 UTC

Solr SSL Troubleshooting

Hi Folks

We are following the steps in this document<https://solr.apache.org/guide/8_11/enabling-ssl.html> to enable SSL for our Solr 8.11 installation.      We generated the certificate and a key, and updated the solr.in.sh file to enable the SSL related system properties.     When we restart Solr with SSL enabled, the log file shows that it’s reading the keystore.p12 that we created and there are no error messages in the Solr log file, but Solr is not running and we can’t access the Solr Admin page.

In the Solr logs, we don’t see any error messages, the only thing we see is two warning level messages

o.e.j.u.s.S.config No Client EndPointIdentificationAlgorithm configured for Client@4c1bdcc2[provider=null,keyStore=file:///opt/solr-8.11.1/server/etc/solr-ssl.keystore.p12,trustStore=file:///opt/solr-8.11.1/server/etc/solr-ssl<mailto:Client@4c1bdcc2[provider=null,keyStore=file:///opt/solr-8.11.1/server/etc/solr-ssl.keystore.p12,trustStore=file:///opt/solr-8.11.1/server/etc/solr-ssl>

2022-09-02 14:08:41.696 WARN  (main) [   ] o.a.s.c.CoreContainer Not all security plugins configured!  authentication=disabled authorization=disabled.  Solr is only as secure as you make it. Consider configuring authentication/authorization before exposing Solr to users

Can anyone suggest some next troubleshooting steps?      Is there a problem with the certificate itself?

Regards,

June Rayner
eiNetwork
raynerj@einetwork.net<ma...@einetwork.net>

The information contained in this e-mail, and any attachment, is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient. Access, copying or re-use of the e-mail or any attachment, or any information contained therein, by any other person is not authorized. If you are not the intended recipient please return the e-mail to the sender and delete it from your computer. Although we attempt to sweep e-mail and attachments for viruses, we do not guarantee that either are virus-free and accept no liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses.