Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Thomas Tardy <th...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/22 18:57:19 UTC

How to provide sources during development?

Hello,

I'm looking for a solution to provide the sources to the developers. When
they have to debug their application it's realy helpful if they have access
to the sources of e.g. our framework.

I know the source plugin, which is creating a 2nd jar containing the
sources. But the problem with this solution is, that the developers have to
add these additional jars into the source path in eclipse to have access to
the source when they debug their application. Isn't it possible to attach
the sources to the generated jar, that they have to handle only one jar? Is
this possible at all? With the source plugin? How to configure it?

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Thomas

Re: How to provide sources during development?

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hi,
Add a ressource which point to your source directory.
    <resources>
      <resource>
        <directory>src/main/java</directory>
      </resource>
    </resources>

You will have the content of src/main/java in the "normal" jar.
--
Olivier

Posted by Thomas Tardy <th...@gmail.com>.
Hello,