Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Amit Badheka <am...@direct2s.com> on 2002/11/05 07:58:57 UTC

hrame in template

Can I include a frameset into Template?

I have a page called index.jsp, that contains frameset defined.

Now, I want to include this page in my template. I tried it but it does not includeing the pages inside the frames, but when I saw the generated html source the file contents are included.

Please help.

Re: hrame in template

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.
You wouldn't want to do a typical insert for a frameset.  All you care
about is retrieving the string representation of the file-name in your
app's URL namespace.  See getAsString or getString (I forget which) tag
in the tiles taglib.  There are examples on this ... (no, not frames,
but there are examples of just getting the item as a string and not
doing an include).

--
Eddie Bush

Re: frame in template

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.
There are two ways Tiles will bring content in - as an include or as a
value.  You want to bring your content in as a value (to be specified in
your frameset), but currently your bringing it in as an include.  The
same type of thing happens when you want to set the title for a
document.  Go look at the example and you can't miss it (hint:  it's not
an include!).

--
Eddie Bush

Re:frame in template