Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Brown, Carlton" <Ca...@BellSouth.com> on 2005/11/09 19:46:27 UTC

Using mappers with delete task

If I have a number of files in /src with a suffix of .foo,  then how can
I specify to delete the un-suffixed files in /build  ?

For example, if I have files /src/Script1.foo and /src/Script2.foo,
files to be deleted would be /build/Script1 and /build/Script2

To accomplish this, I tried using a mapper with the delete task, but I
got an error saying the delete doesn't support the use of mappers.
Without a mapper, I can't see how this would be done.

I checked the manual entry for delete as well as searched usenet, but
nothing immediately suggested itself as a solution.

Thanks,

Carlton

*****
"The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers."  118

Re: Using mappers with delete task

Posted by Juergen Hermann <jh...@web.de>.
On Wed, 9 Nov 2005 12:46:27 -0600, Brown, Carlton wrote:

>To accomplish this, I tried using a mapper with the delete task, but I
>got an error saying the delete doesn't support the use of mappers.
>Without a mapper, I can't see how this would be done.

use delete with a fileset and a present selector.

Ciao, Jürgen