Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jeff Trawick <tr...@attglobal.net> on 2002/10/07 13:55:10 UTC

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 CHANGES

brianp@apache.org writes:

> brianp      2002/10/06 22:10:54
>
>   Modified:    modules/http http_protocol.c
>                .        CHANGES

beware...  this is the only interesting code change I see recently, so
I'll reply to this commit :)

over the night I had regression tests segfault on AIX and Linux;
during the day yesterday things worked okay

AIX: regular build, out of many tests, got 1 segfault in free_y(), which
sounds to me like some heap function in libc

Linux: pool debug build linked with ElectricFence...  boatloads of
segfaults...  for some reason the get-a-backtrace code didn't do
anything

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0 CHANGES

Posted by Brian Pane <br...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 2002-10-07 at 04:55, Jeff Trawick wrote:
> brianp@apache.org writes:
>
> > brianp      2002/10/06 22:10:54
> >
> >   Modified:    modules/http http_protocol.c
> >                .        CHANGES
>
> beware...  this is the only interesting code change I see recently, so
> I'll reply to this commit :)
>
> over the night I had regression tests segfault on AIX and Linux;
> during the day yesterday things worked okay

I couldn't see the segfaults in t/TEST with a default build,
but I just tried a build with "--enable-modules=all" and I
can see them now.  I'm debugging now, and I'll commit a fix
(or disable the new write code if it's not easy to solve)
within the next hour.

Brian