Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Damien Lecan <ml...@dlecan.com> on 2007/08/22 16:09:47 UTC

Bundle : how to include dependency jar file ?

Hello,

I am migrating my old projects from maven-osgi-plugin to maven-bundle-plugin.
I face a problem when I want to include a dependency with "compile"
scope in the bundle.

With previous maven-osgi-plugin plugin, dependencies with "compile"
scope were included automaticaly in the bundle, but this doesn't seem
to be the same behavior with maven-bundle-plugin. maven-bundle-file
doesn't seem to handle Bundle-Classpath instruction.

With the new plugin I succeded to do almost the same thing with
Private-Package: * but the jar file is exploded.

How to include dependencies in the bundle with Bundle-Classpath ?

Thanks

Damien

Re: Bundle : how to include dependency jar file ?

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
Yes, the two plugins work differently in this regard. If you want to
embed packages from the compile-time class path then you can just
specify them in <Private-Package>.

Up until now, there was no way to completely embed a required JAR file
in the bundle JAR file since it wasn't deemed to be strictly necessary,
but the issue you refer to below will add this capability.

-> richard

Posted by Damien Lecan <ml...@dlecan.com>.
Hops, I missed this bug