Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by dhoni2008 <go...@rediffmail.com> on 2009/01/21 16:10:56 UTC

Message exchanges with consumer role and done status

Hi,

Do we need to handle ME with consumer role and status as Done.  I think Done
staus ME are like ack and it is always in a provider role only.

If a component receive the ME with role as consumer and status as DONE, is
this a valid ME.

Regards
Gopi

Re: Message exchanges with consumer role and done status

Posted by Ashwin Karpe <as...@progress.com>.
Hi,

Yes it is a valid ME. The Done status typically reverses the direction of
the flow for the inbound message exchange. Note that the MEP and type of
message exchange also dictate whether the ME headed in the reverse direction
is further processed and the service/endpoint that should receive the
exchange with Done status.

Please refer to the section on JBI Message Exchange patterns for further
direction.

Cheers,

Ashwin...

dhoni2008 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Do we need to handle ME with consumer role and status as Done.  I think
> Done staus ME are like ack and it is always in a provider role only.
>
> If a component receive the ME with role as consumer and status as DONE, is
> this a valid ME.
>
> Regards
> Gopi

-----
---
Ashwin Karpe, Principal Consultant, PS - Opensource Center of Competence
Progress Software Corporation
14 Oak Park Drive
Bedford, MA 01730
---