Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by ha...@t-online.de on 2004/12/06 17:27:45 UTC

Re: Whitelist blacklist

>> Hello,
>>     I would like to filter out ALL mail that doesn't come from certain
>> people. Can I use   *.*   as my Blacklist AND put names in my white list.
>> In other words, what has the higher priority, the blacklist or the white
>> list.
>> Thanks
>> Mike
>>
>> ******************************
>> Mike Peloso
>> Student Shop Manager
>> Physics Dept.
>> Princeton University
>> mpeloso@princeton.edu
>> 1.609.258.4358
>> Fax 1.609.2581124

Hi,

you are essentially trying to create a closed community - people inside the "cage" could
not send mails to somebody else because they would never receive a response

However, someone could still send bad mails by pretending to be one of the group - wouldn't
an authentication system make more sense than spamassassin for your purpose?

Wolfgang Hamann