Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net> on 2012/09/01 03:29:51 UTC

Segfault in HEAD client code.

I'm getting an intermittent segfault using a HEAD trunk client against the
same pedigree of mod_dav_svn server.  Reproduction is straightforward:

   rm -rf wc
   time -p svn co http://localhost/repos/subversion/trunk wc
   time -p svn sw http://localhost/repos/subversion/tags/1.6.5 wc

I say "intermittent" because the problem happens consistently when I'm
running these commands from a shell script, but I can't reproduce it when
running them interactively at the shell.

I need to debug further, but the one core file I was able to examine had the
problem happening somewhere in and around this chunk of code in
libsvn_client/svn/switch-cmd.c:

      err = svn_cl__resolve_conflicts(
              svn_cl__notifier_get_conflicted_paths(nwb.wrapped_baton,
                                                    scratch_pool),
              depth, opt_state, ctx, scratch_pool);

The stack was weird though, and possibly smashed, so I don't have a whole
lot of faith in the integrity of that information.

Anyway, don't know that I'll get to any more debugging tonight, but I wanted
to throw that out there in case it rung any bells.

--
C. Michael Pilato <cm...@collab.net>
CollabNet   <>   www.collab.net   <>   Enterprise Cloud Development

Re: Segfault in HEAD client code.

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.
On 09/04/2012 03:03 PM, Paul Burba wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 9:29 PM, C. Michael Pilato <cm...@collab.net> wrote:
>> I'm getting an intermittent segfault using a HEAD trunk client against the
>> same pedigree of mod_dav_svn server.  Reproduction is straightforward:

[...]

> Mike - Sounds like what I'm seeing during 'svn up -q':
>
> http://svn.haxx.se/dev/archive-2012-09/0058.shtml

Ah!  Thanks, Paul -- that does look like the same thing.

Posted by Paul Burba <pt...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 9:29 PM, C. Michael Pilato <cm...@collab.net> wrote:
> I'm getting an intermittent segfault using a HEAD trunk client against the
> same pedigree of mod_dav_svn server.  Reproduction is straightforward:
>
>    rm -rf wc
>    time -p svn co http://localhost/repos/subversion/trunk wc
>    time -p svn sw http://localhost/repos/subversion/tags/1.6.5 wc
>
> I say "intermittent" because the problem happens consistently when I'm
> running these commands from a shell script, but I can't reproduce it when
> running them interactively at the shell.
>
> I need to debug further, but the one core file I was able to examine had the
> problem happening somewhere in and around this chunk of code in
> libsvn_client/svn/switch-cmd.c:
>
>       err = svn_cl__resolve_conflicts(
>               svn_cl__notifier_get_conflicted_paths(nwb.wrapped_baton,
>                                                     scratch_pool),
>               depth, opt_state, ctx, scratch_pool);
>
> The stack was weird though, and possibly smashed, so I don't have a whole
> lot of faith in the integrity of that information.
>
> Anyway, don't know that I'll get to any more debugging tonight, but I wanted
> to throw that out there in case it rung any bells.

Mike - Sounds like what I'm seeing during 'svn up -q':

http://svn.haxx.se/dev/archive-2012-09/0058.shtml

--
Paul T. Burba
CollabNet, Inc. -- www.collab.net -- Enterprise Cloud Development