Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Anna Bikkina <an...@pinksheets.com> on 2004/05/25 20:57:34 UTC

large xml's in cocoon

Hi,

I have a xml file that contains database rows. If the number of rows are
greater than 5000 then cocoon fails to tranform them to html and display
them. It gives a blank page with no errors.

Has anyone experienced this before? Is there a way I can  make cocoon perform
better with big xml.?

Any suggestions,inputs are welcome.

Thanks,
Anna.

Re: large xml's in cocoon

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Le 26 mai 04, à 20:00, Anna Bikkina a écrit :

> I do not see any out of memory errors. It just results in a blank
> page. Not
> sure what it could be. I will change the java parameters and see how it
> works.

Usually a blank page means some kind of Throwable is not caught, but it
should be visible in either the Cocoon logs, the servlet engine logs or
the console.

You could try removing all log files, restart, run the minimum scenario
that shows the problem, find all log files that were created and
analyze them.

> By the way I am running cocoon in tomcat. So I should be changing java
> paramaters in startup.sh or catalina.sh in tomcat right?

AFAIK yes, but I'm no tomcat expert.

-Bertrand

Re: large xml's in cocoon

Posted by Anna Bikkina <an...@pinksheets.com>.
I do not see any out of memory errors. It just results in a blank page. Not
sure what it could be. I will change the java parameters and see how it
works.

By the way I am running cocoon in tomcat. So I should be changing java
paramaters in startup.sh or catalina.sh in tomcat right?

Thanks for answering.

Anna.

Re: large xml's in cocoon

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Le 26 mai 04, à 08:43, gounis@osmosis.gr a écrit :

> is somewhere any doc about JVM ?

Use "java -h", "java -X" or see the JDK docs.

The cocoon.sh script passes options from the JAVA_OPTIONS environment
variable to the JVM.

-Bertrand

Re: large xml's in cocoon

Posted by go...@osmosis.gr.
On Tue, 25 May 2004, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Le 25 mai 04, ΰ 20:57, Anna Bikkina a ιcrit :
>
> > ...I have a xml file that contains database rows. If the number of
> > rows are
> > greater than 5000 then cocoon fails to tranform them to html and
> > display
> > them. It gives a blank page with no errors...
>
> Probably an OutOfMemoryError, did you check the console output and/or
> servlet engine logs?
>
> You'll probably need to increase the memory available to the JVM
> running Cocoon, using JVM command-line options.

hi bertrand

is somewhere any doc about JVM ?

--stavros

Re: large xml's in cocoon