Posted to user@storm.apache.org by "Kang, Kamaljeet" <kk...@verisign.com> on 2016/12/06 16:31:57 UTC

Integration testing using LocalCluster in Storm 1.0.1

Hi all,

We recently upgrade our cluster from Strom 0.11 to 1.0.1.2.5.0.0-1245 (HortonWorks), Kafka from 0.8.2 to 0.10.0.1. We had integration tests using Storm LocalCluster, KafkaEmbedded and EmbeddedZookeeper that started failing sometimes (under load) after the upgrade. Just wanted to see if anybody had similar experience.

Another question, we were thinking of upgrading KafkaSpouts to new Consumer API but looks like Kafka Client in Maven central is not compatible with Kafka 0.10.0.1. If we build Kafka Client jar from Git, is it production ready?

Thanks

Kamal

Re: Integration testing using LocalCluster in Storm 1.0.1

Posted by Erik Weathers <ew...@groupon.com>.
I would add that it would "help me help you" [1][2] if you explained
"started failing sometimes (under load)".  i.e., *what* is failing?

- Erik

[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmlXU4uK5rA

[2] That quote is meant as a joke, I don't *literally* mean *me*, I mean
"us", but that's not the movie quote...

Posted by "Kang, Kamaljeet" <kk...@verisign.com>.
Hi Lim,

Thanks for your response and sorry for being so vague regarding my first question. Actually I am unable to pinpoint the problem. We have several storm topology integration tests that we run in parallel and had been working very well before the upgrade. The tests started failing after the upgrade, looks like messages are getting dropped somehow. Just wanted to see if anybody is seeing any issues with 1.0.1 LocalCluster.

Thanks

Kamal

Posted by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kang,