Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Andrei Mikhailovsky <an...@arhont.com> on 2013/08/11 00:39:32 UTC

Disk volume size over 2TB

Hello guys,

I am trying to setup a guest vm volume with larger than 2TB. I've changed the custom.diskoffering.size.max variable to 10000 instead of 2000 and tried to create a 4TB volume. Before doing that i've restarted the management server. While creating a new volume I had an error message complaining that the volume is over 2000GB.

Is there something that I am missing? Or does the CS has a built in limit of 2TB per disk volume?

thanks

Andrei

Re: Disk volume size over 2TB

Posted by Marty Sweet <ms...@gmail.com>.
Would it be possible to attach your management server log? This will
usually give a pretty good idea of which part of cloudstack is causing the
error. I assume you have restarted the cloud management service after
changing the config?

Marty

Re: Disk volume size over 2TB

Posted by Kirk Kosinski <ki...@gmail.com>.

Re: Disk volume size over 2TB

Posted by Kirk Jantzer <ki...@gmail.com>.
I'm not entirelty certain about CS, but I do not some of the earlier
hypervisors (xenserver, kvm, esx 4) only support datastores up to 2TB
(minus 512B). to get around this in the guest, you could present multiple
2TB volumes, then raid them together in a raid-0.

On Sat, Aug 10, 2013 at 6:39 PM, Andrei Mikhailovsky <an...@arhont.com>wrote:

> Hello guys,
>
> I am trying to setup a guest vm volume with larger than 2TB. I've changed
> the custom.diskoffering.size.max variable to 10000 instead of 2000 and
> tried to create a 4TB volume. Before doing that i've restarted the
> management server. While creating a new volume I had an error message
> complaining that the volume is over 2000GB.
>
> Is there something that I am missing? Or does the CS has a built in limit
> of 2TB per disk volume?
>
> thanks
>
> Andrei

Kirk Jantzer