Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2016/07/25 14:40:40 UTC

Re: [All] regarding the granting and revoking of commit privileges

On 25/07/2016 15:34, Rob Tompkins wrote:
> All,
>
> As a relatively new member to the community, I have yet see a vote on
> a committer come to pass, so you'll have to pardon my naivety on this
> matter.
>
> So the question at hand stems from a project at my day job. We, much
> like with commons, have the committing members of the project vote on
> new folks becoming committers. But we are curious about how to go
> about ending someone's commit privileges. How does this happen with
> commons?
>
> Clearly, I'm not personally requesting such access. I'm more just
> curious about the process in general

The short version is that commit rights don't end. Merit, once earned,
does not expire.

Committers come and go. Periodically Infra will effectively lock
accounts of those committers who haven't logged in for an extended
period of time but the committer can always regain access via a password
reset.

Mark

Re: [All] regarding the granting and revoking of commit privileges

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
I didn't see any mention, but if you're a committer on any other Apache
project, you're automatically added as a committer here. Not sure about
joining the PMC, though, but I'm sure it's the same as all the other Apache
projects (vote by PMC in the private mailing list).

Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: [All] regarding the granting and revoking of commit privileges

Posted by Rob Tompkins <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.