Posted to user@vcl.apache.org by John Ma <Jo...@marist.edu> on 2010/11/17 20:52:44 UTC

xCAT 2.x image capture and restore

Hi all,

I have xCAT 2.5 installed as the provision tool for VCL 2.2, however xCAT
2.5, out of box, doesn't seem able to capture disk image.

How to make xCAT 2.x able to handle disk images? Do I need to create my
own netboot image customized with partimage, partimage-ng or systemimager?

Thanks,

John Ma
sys admin
Marist College
Poughkeepsie, NY

Re: xCAT 2.x image capture and restore

Posted by Aaron Peeler <aa...@ncsu.edu>.
Hi John,

Josh had done some work on this for our NCSU install. Here are his
notes, it also includes the ram disk, root image and kernel modules.
https://cwiki.apache.org/VCL/adding-support-for-partimage-and-partimage-ng-to-xcat-2x-unofficial.html

Aaron

--

Aaron Peeler
Program Manager

Re: xCAT 2.x image capture and restore

Posted by momoh Ibrahim <mo...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

i want to customize the default VCL theme to reflect the colour scheme of my
school. How do i proceed? how do i write and integrate new css file?

Thanks.

--
Respectfully,

Ibrahim Momoh