Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Garret Olson <go...@cariboulake.com> on 2002/08/20 00:10:28 UTC

JSP Linking And Manipulation

Hello-

I'm looking to develop a page that has several links on the mainpage, a few
of them would take the user to other sections similar to the tabs.  Other
links would take users to a specific article, whose view is generated by a
portlet querying the DB.  Since each article should be in a separate
section, I would like the tabs/pane to reflect what section the article is
in.

I'm utilizing JSP in the portlets and in the templates and I haven't seen
much on linking and manipulation in JSP.
Is there a easy way to link to specific panes in JSP?  By Name or ID?
Also, is there an easy way to link to a specific portlet in another pane,
pass it variables and maximize it at the same time?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Garret