Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Ricardo <di...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/15 14:19:13 UTC

Can't use Hermes JMS with the last ActiveMQ 4.2 SNAPSHOT

Hello,

I was using one of the first 4.1 snapshots and it worked fine with Hermes
but now I have a problem with the wire format. After updating spring to 2.0,
I had to use a newer snapshot with the new version of xbean-spring. I'm
trying to use Hermes but it doesn't work in the last 4.1 and 4.2 snapshots.
I use the same Hermes configuration as always, topic discoverment works fine
but when I try to browse a topic or queue Hermes throws this message:

javax.jms.JMSException

Wire format negotation timeout : peer did not send his wire format.

I'll upload a file with our log showing the wire negotiation. I hope to not
to annoy anyone with a dummy question, I don't have so much experience with
ActiveMQ.

Thanks in advance,

Ricardo.

Re: Can't use Hermes JMS with the last ActiveMQ 4.2 SNAPSHOT

Posted by Muzza <st...@amt-sybex.com>.
Hi Ricardo,

I've completely uninstalled Hermes 1.10 and downloaded a snapshot of 1.11
and then downloaded a Snapshot of AMQ 4.1 and this appears to have rectified
the problem now, all working again !!

Steve

Re: Can't use Hermes JMS with the last ActiveMQ 4.2 SNAPSHOT

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
I guys I just tested it out and it works fine!  Make sure you update
the classpath that is configured for HermesJMS so that it uses the new
4.1 jars.

On 11/21/06, Ricardo <di...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> From me, no news. I can't browse queues or open topics in Hermes.
>
> Muzza wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Did anyone get this working, just downloaded the latest 4.1 snapshot and
> > it starts up ok, but again same error reported above about "Wire format
> > Negotiation" when trying to browse a queue in Hermes ?
> >
> > Steve.

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Re: Can't use Hermes JMS with the last ActiveMQ 4.2 SNAPSHOT

Posted by Ricardo <di...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Ricardo <di...@gmail.com>.
No, and when I create an Hermes provider I assign to its classpath the same
jars. I've made the same with the activemq example and when I try to browse
FOO.BAR queue I'm seeing the same error.

Posted by Leonardo Pinho <le...@gmail.com>.
I got the same error using ActiveMQ 4.1.1 and Hermes 1.10/1.12/1.13... I did
not find the download for Hermes 1.11... Any idea?

Thanks!

Posted by rhodebump <sp...@rhoderunner.com>.

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ricardo <di...@gmail.com>.