Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by srecon <sr...@yandex.ru> on 2016/08/12 19:08:12 UTC

Re: Any plan for a book on Apache Ignite

One book is going to publish soon, you can check the table of contents  here
<https://leanpub.com/ignite>  Best Regards

Re: Any plan for a book on Apache Ignite

Posted by srecon <sr...@yandex.ru>.
We have made a huge update of the book  High performance in-memory computing
with Apache Ignite <http://leanpub.com/ignite>  . We have completed the book
review and proofreading (from the scratch). If you already have the copy of
the book, please do not forget to update. Also, don't hesitate to give us
feedback on how you like it, and what would make it better. Happy reading.

Regards
  Shamim

Re: Any plan for a book on Apache Ignite

Posted by srecon <sr...@yandex.ru>.
Denis,
  thank's a lot.

Regards
  Shamim

Re: Any plan for a book on Apache Ignite

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Shamim,

Awesome! Twitted about this from Apache Ignite account
https://twitter.com/ApacheIgnite <https://twitter.com/ApacheIgnite>

—
Denis

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Shamim,

Posted by srecon <sr...@yandex.ru>.
Hi,

Posted by Manuel Núñez <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Good point!!

El 28 oct 2016, a las 2:08, Denis Magda <dm...@gridgain.com>> escribió:

Prachi,

Would you add a reference to this book [1] under "Community"->"Resources" section? It contains useful and valuable information a lot of guys who will start working with Ignite will benefit from.

[1] https://leanpub.com/ignite

-
Denis

On Sep 18, 2016, at 4:28 AM, srecon <sr...@yandex.ru>> wrote:

The book "High performance in-memory computing with Apache Ignite" has been
released last night. The book is available from the Lean pub in three
different formats by the following  URL <https://leanpub.com/ignite>

https://leanpub.com/ignite.

Kind regards,
 Shamim Ahmed.

Re: Any plan for a book on Apache Ignite

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@gridgain.com>.
Prachi,

[1] https://leanpub.com/ignite <https://leanpub.com/ignite>

—

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@gridgain.com>.
Prachi,

Posted by Barrett Strausser <ba...@bossanova.com>.
There are couple of types on the leanpub page that was linked above. The
authors might wish to correct them because they detract from what looks to
be an impressive book.

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@gridgain.com>.
Shamim,

The table of contents is impressive. Do you plan to sell the book or going to spread it out for free?

In both the cases I don’t see anything wrong if we add the book to docs [1] or some other site section.

However before adding it to the Apache Ignite main side I think that the book should be reviewed by Apache Ignite committer(s).

[1] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs

—
Denis

Posted by srecon <sr...@yandex.ru>.