Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Akash Xavier <ak...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/06 09:25:41 UTC

Implementing OpenSocial Containers

Hi guys

I have a few doubts on how to become an OpenSocial container. I would
like to implement Apache Shindig, even though its still in
development. As for now I will be using it only for testing and
development purposes.

What are the server's requirements to become an opensocial container?
I checked out the Shindig repository and found a folder called 'Java'.
Then I proceeded to a 'readme' file to learn more about installing
Shindig. And seems like I need Java to get Shindig running. Is there
any other easier way?

I am not a pro in server stuff. I am a web developer(PHP). Do I need
to learn anything else to implement an OpenSocial container for my
website?

--
Waiting for your replies
Akash Manohar

Re: Implementing OpenSocial Containers

Posted by Brian McCallister <br...@skife.org>.
On Jan 7, 2008, at 5:43 AM, Bruno Bowden wrote:

> Can we introduce Akash to someone working on the PHP version, most
> likely someone from Ning? It would be good to encourage more
> collaboration.

Development discussion on the PHP version is happening right here :-)

Hi Akash!

The existing PHP code is mostly stuff I did, based on Ning's, while at
the recent ApacheCon. It is... designed is too nice a word, say, put
together to as quickly as possible get some code to get things
started. I'll fire off an email explaining how it works later, right
now coffee and breakfast call!

-Brian

Posted by Bruno Bowden <br...@google.com>.

Posted by Nick Lothian <nl...@educationau.edu.au>.