Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Paulo de Souza Lima <pa...@varekai.org> on 2012/05/10 21:54:20 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Wiki upgrade

Hi.

I was making some tests and I am wondering if it would be possible to
upgrade Mediawiki, at least to version 1.17.4. It would be nice if the
extensions below could be installed also.

** **Semantic MediaWiki <http://semantic-mediawiki.org/>*
** **Semantic Forms <http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Semantic_Forms>
*
** **Semantic Forms
Inputs<http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Semantic_Forms_Inputs>
*
** **SemanticFormsSelect<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:SemanticFormsSelect>
*
* *Semantic Internal
Objects<http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Semantic_Internal_Objects>
*
* *External Data <https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:External_Data>*
* *Approved Revs <http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Approved_Revs>*

Note that some of those extensions doesn't work in Mediawiki 1.15.Others
need to create some tables in Mediawiki database.

I noticed that I have no rights to create a page for PT-BR language. I can
create, but it doesn't appear (I couldn't find out why).

Any doubts, feel free to ask.

--
Paulo de Souza Lima
Técnico em Eletrônica e Administrador

"Para que as pessoas conquistem a paz em suas relações, a paz espiritual e
a paz entre os povos, é preciso que antes se ganhe a batalha interna das
virtudes sobre os defeitos" - Talal Husseini - Filósofo Acropolitano

"For people to achieve peace in their relationships, spiritual peace and
the peace among people, it's necessary, earlier, to win the internal battle
between virtues and defects" - Talal Husseini - Acropolitan Philosopher

Re: [PROPOSAL] Wiki upgrade

Posted by Paulo de Souza Lima <pa...@varekai.org>.
Hi.

What did you do? I didn't notice it.

I just want to know if it's possible for the people from infra upgrade
Mediawiki and install the suggested extensions.

If it's possible, we could begin to build a really interactive wiki,
focused in bringing the answers faster and easier to the users. It will be
also possible to create pre-categorized and pre-formated pages using forms
instead the editor.

Another question I have: Who else than me and Kevin Grignon is working in
this task (wiki organization)? I was seaching for UX team info, but it's
outdated, just like the others. It would be nice to know who is involved in
order to begin a working group, don't you think?

This weekend is promising... :-P

Cheers.

Re: [PROPOSAL] Wiki upgrade

Posted by Claudio Filho <fi...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Re: [PROPOSAL] Wiki upgrade

Posted by Albino Biasutti Neto <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi.

2012/5/10 Paulo de Souza Lima <pa...@varekai.org>

> Hi.
>
> I was making some tests and I am wondering if it would be possible to
> upgrade Mediawiki, at least to version 1.17.4. It would be nice if the
> extensions below could be installed also.
>
> ** **Semantic MediaWiki <http://semantic-mediawiki.org/>*
> ** **Semantic Forms <
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Semantic_Forms>
> *
> ** **Semantic Forms
> Inputs<http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Semantic_Forms_Inputs>
> *
> ** **SemanticFormsSelect<
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:SemanticFormsSelect>
> *
> * *Semantic Internal
> Objects<http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Semantic_Internal_Objects>
> *
> * *External Data <https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:External_Data>*
> * *Approved Revs <http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Approved_Revs>*
>
> Note that some of those extensions doesn't work in Mediawiki 1.15.Others
> need to create some tables in Mediawiki database.
>
> I noticed that I have no rights to create a page for PT-BR language. I can
> create, but it doesn't appear (I couldn't find out why).
>
> Any doubts, feel free to ask.

Good ideia. :)

The Paul does great work with wiki.

See the Community Escritório Livre [0]

0 - www.escritoriolivre.org/wiki

Please upgrade wiki. :)

Abraços,
Albino

Re: [PROPOSAL] Wiki upgrade

Posted by Kevin Grignon <ke...@gmail.com>.
Paulo,

Anything to make the wikis more usable and useful is greatly appreciated.

Kevin