Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Nick Vatamaniuc <va...@apache.org> on 2021/10/05 19:30:24 UTC

[VOTE] Release CouchDB 3.2.0 (RC2 round)

Dear community,

I would like to propose that we release Apache CouchDB 3.2.0.

Candidate release notes:

    https://docs.couchdb.org/en/latest/whatsnew/3.2.html

This is the RC2 round. Changes since last round:
    https://github.com/apache/couchdb/compare/3.2.0-RC1...3.2.0-RC2

We encourage the whole community to download and test these release
artefacts so that any critical issues can be resolved before the
release is made. Everyone is free to vote on this release, so dig
right in! (Only PMC members have binding votes, but they depend on
community feedback to gauge if an official release is ready to be
made.)

The release artefacts we are voting on are available here:

    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/couchdb/source/3.2.0/rc.2/

There, you will find a tarball, a GPG signature, and SHA256/SHA512 checksums.

Please follow the test procedure here:

    https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/Testing+a+Source+Release

Please remember that "RC2" is an annotation. If the vote passes, these
artefacts will be released as Apache CouchDB 3.2.0.

Please cast your votes now.

Thanks,
-Nick

Re: [VOTE] Release CouchDB 3.2.0 (RC2 round)

Posted by Nick Vatamaniuc <va...@gmail.com>.
+1

Tested on MacOS 11.6, Erlang 20

Signature: ok
Checksums: ok
make check: ok
make release and starting bin/couchdb: ok
http://localhost:5984/_utils (Fauxton): ok
 - Created 2 DBs
 - Setup a replication job between them
 - Docs from first db replicated to the second db

-Nick

Posted by Joan Touzet <wo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Juanjo Rodríguez <ju...@apache.org>.
+1

Tested on Ubuntu 20.04, Erlang 22 and Elixir 1.9.1
Signature: Ok
Checksums: Ok
Tests: (configure --spidermonkey-version 68 make check): Pass
Release and run: Ok

Additional tests: Also pass LightCouch Java Client and Cloudant Sync for
Android test suites.

Thanks!!

Posted by Jay Doane <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1

Tested on MacOS 10.15.7, OTP 22.3.4.15, Spidermonkey 60

Signature: ok
Checksums: ok
make check: ok
make release and starting bin/couchdb: ok
http://localhost:5984/_utils (Fauxton): ok
 - Created 2 DBs
 - Setup a replication job between them
 - Docs from first db replicated to the second db

Documentation on release testing seems a bit stale.
- No longer a `-c` configure option
- Is `etap` still a thing?

Posted by Nick Vatamaniuc <va...@gmail.com>.
It has been 72+ hours. Vote passes. This becomes the 3.2.0 CouchDB release

Thank you for testing and voting!

Cheers,
-Nick

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.