Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by ANDREW MICONE <AM...@DEQ.IDAHO.GOV> on 2004/12/13 20:56:03 UTC

"Rooting" Axis services

Well, after much pain from the dubious interoperability of .NET clients and throwing a grand total of 7,091 lines of code I have my first Axis web service running in production (as well as a much greater appreciation of Bea WebLogic Integration and WebMethods). I was wondering if anyone had the magic formula with tomcat for "rooting" Axis, just for aesthetic purposes so:

http://mydomain/axis/services/endpoint

becomes

http://mydomain/endpoint

Just in case someone just had the config instructions off hand. RTFM these days seems to be an exercise of finding the needle in Google's haystack. -- Andy

Re: "Rooting" Axis services

Posted by John Walker <jo...@gmail.com>.
You can set the web application you use to deploy your AXIS driven web
services by changing the server.xml config file in your Tomcat server.

in $CATALINA_HOME$/conf/server.xml

Edit that file and add a root context to point to the location of your
webapp.  Find the "Context" node in the XML file that is root, it
should look something like this by default:
<Context path="" docBase="ROOT" debug="0"/>

Set the docBase attribute to be the path (logical or full) to your webapp.

Regards,
John

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 12:56:03 -0700, ANDREW MICONE <AM...@deq.idaho.gov> wrote:
> Well, after much pain from the dubious interoperability of .NET clients and throwing a grand total of 7,091 lines of code I have my first Axis web service running in production (as well as a much greater appreciation of Bea WebLogic Integration and WebMethods). I was wondering if anyone had the magic formula with tomcat for "rooting" Axis, just for aesthetic purposes so:
>
> http://mydomain/axis/services/endpoint
>
> becomes
>
> http://mydomain/endpoint
>
> Just in case someone just had the config instructions off hand. RTFM these days seems to be an exercise of finding the needle in Google's haystack. -- Andy

Re: "Rooting" Axis services

Posted by to...@gsk.com.
Some suggestions have been made on this. Alternatively, you might be able
to add a servlet to the root context, mapped to get called for all root
context requests, and it can forward the request to the appropriate real
endpoint URL, depending on the path in the request.

Tony