Posted to dev@tika.apache.org by Julien Massiera <ju...@francelabs.com> on 2023/01/10 16:48:46 UTC

NER parsers package for Tika Server

Hi Tim,

First, I would like to wish you all the best for 2023 !

I am writing because I am using NER parsers with Tika Server, but to do so,
I had to build the NER package myself from the Tika repository. Indeed, for
Tika Server 2.x, I did not find any NER pre-made package to add to the
classpath to use NER parsers (like the scientific-package or the
sqlite3-package). Is it normal ? It would be great to have at least a
documentation explaining how to do for people wanting to use those parsers
with Tika Server 2.x, and to add the package to the downloadable content.

Best regards,

Julien

Re: NER parsers package for Tika Server

Posted by Tim Allison <ta...@apache.org>.
Julien,
  I'm sorry for not responding sooner.  Between holidays and family
health issues...
  We could add tika-parser-nlp-package to our standard distros. The
artifact is available via maven, e.g.:
https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.tika/tika-parser-nlp-package,
but I agree that we at least need to document this.
  Perhaps open an issue for discussion on adding that to our release
artifacts?  I'll update our "migrate to Tika 2.0" page now.
  Again, my apologies.

         Best,

               Tim