Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jacek Laskowski <jl...@apache.org> on 2005/07/13 20:28:27 UTC

Re: svn commit: r216147 - in /geronimo/site: docs/index.html xdocs/index.xml

geirm@apache.org wrote:
> Author: geirm
> Date: Wed Jul 13 05:21:42 2005
> New Revision: 216147

> Log:
> added news item about JBI/ESB in Geronimo
>
> Modified:
>     geronimo/site/docs/index.html
>     geronimo/site/xdocs/index.xml

Why do we need to maintain two different file formats with almost
identical content?

Jacek

Re: svn commit: r216147 - in /geronimo/site: docs/index.html xdocs/index.xml

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.
On Jul 14, 2005, at 9:06 AM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
>

>> One is the source (.xml) one is the rendered .html.
>> Have you looked at the two files?  There is navigation added
>> around  the content (index.xml) to produce the page itself
>> (index.html)
>>

> Well, I was really asking why we have to maintain two files instead
> of one since the html one is just a product of XSLT processing of
> the source file - index.xml.

It's not quite XSL, but similar.  And the maintenance is easy.

> I remember a talk about a already-prepared site content so that in
> case of troubles infra people would check them out and easily
> populate damaged site content. Is that just for that?

Yes.  Because this way, you are 100% certain that the stuff you
create on your machine and hopefully look at and play w/ before
publishing can be published directly from SVN.   Keeps the necessary
QA to a minimum (i.e. only QA when developing the content, not out in
"stage")

If this gets onerous or problematic, we can change.  So far, it's
just so simple...

geir

geirm@apache.org

Re: svn commit: r216147 - in /geronimo/site: docs/index.html xdocs/index.xml

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <jl...@apache.org>.
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

> One is the source (.xml) one is the rendered .html.
>
> Have you looked at the two files?  There is navigation added around  the
> content (index.xml) to produce the page itself (index.html)

Well, I was really asking why we have to maintain two files instead of
one since the html one is just a product of XSLT processing of the
source file - index.xml.

I remember a talk about a already-prepared site content so that in case
of troubles infra people would check them out and easily populate
damaged site content. Is that just for that?

> geir

Jacek

Re: svn commit: r216147 - in /geronimo/site: docs/index.html xdocs/index.xml

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org>.