Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Philippe Lavoie <ph...@cactus.ca> on 2000/01/24 16:34:01 UTC

Compilation fails with Sun's parser

Hi,

Since no one reported this error, I think I'm having a problem with my path
or something.
I'm using the projectx-tr2 from jakarta-tools and I get the following.

D:\project\xml-cocoon\build\src\org\apache\cocoon\parser\SunXMLParser.java:4
4: class com.s
un.xml.tree.XmlDocument is an abstract class. It can't be instantiated.
        return new XmlDocument();

What bugs me is that according to the javadoc, that class is not abstract.
Perhaps the problem
is with namespace corruption. I've noticed that the import statements use .*
everywhere.
It is usually a bad practice and it compiles more slowly than fully naming
the classes. I'll
play with that and see if it fixes things.

Phil