Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Frank Trenkamp <ft...@mindwerk.de> on 2008/02/12 16:50:20 UTC

Archetype servicemix-service-unit not found for tutorial-file-su

Dear list,

I have trouble processing the tutorial-file-su tutorial:

~~~
user@debian:~/dev/esb/sm$ mvn archetype:create
-DarchetypeArtifactId=servicemix-service-unit
-DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.servicemix.tooling
-DartifactId=tutorial-file-su [INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'archetype'.
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Tutorial
[INFO]    task-segment: [archetype:create] (aggregator-style)
[INFO]
[INFO] Preparing archetype:create
[INFO] No goals needed for project - skipping [INFO] Setting property:
classpath.resource.loader.class =>
'org.codehaus.plexus.velocity.ContextClassLoaderResourceLoader'.
[INFO] Setting property: velocimacro.messages.on => 'false'.
[INFO] Setting property: resource.loader => 'classpath'.
[INFO] Setting property: resource.manager.logwhenfound => 'false'.
[INFO] [archetype:create]
[WARNING] Specified archetype not found.
Choose archetype:
1: internal -> appfuse-basic-jsf (AppFuse archetype for creating a web
application with Hibernate, Spring and JSF)
2: internal -> appfuse-basic-spring (AppFuse archetype for creating a
web application with Hibernate, Spring and Spring MVC)
3: internal -> appfuse-basic-struts (AppFuse archetype for creating a
web application with Hibernate, Spring and Struts 2)
4: internal -> appfuse-basic-tapestry (AppFuse archetype for creating a
web application with Hibernate, Spring and Tapestry 4)
5: internal -> appfuse-core (AppFuse archetype for creating a jar
application with Hibernate and Spring and XFire)
6: internal -> appfuse-modular-jsf (AppFuse archetype for creating a
modular application with Hibernate, Spring and JSF)
7: internal -> appfuse-modular-spring (AppFuse archetype for creating a
modular application with Hibernate, Spring and Spring MVC)
8: internal -> appfuse-modular-struts (AppFuse archetype for creating a
modular application with Hibernate, Spring and Struts 2)
9: internal -> appfuse-modular-tapestry (AppFuse archetype for creating
a modular application with Hibernate, Spring and Tapestry 4)
10: internal -> maven-archetype-j2ee-simple (A simple J2EE Java
application)
11: internal -> maven-archetype-marmalade-mojo (A Maven plugin
development project using marmalade)
12: internal -> maven-archetype-mojo (A Maven Java plugin development
project)
13: internal -> maven-archetype-portlet (A simple portlet application)
14: internal -> maven-archetype-profiles ()
15: internal -> maven-archetype-quickstart ()
16: internal -> maven-archetype-site-simple (A simple site generation
project)
17: internal -> maven-archetype-site (A more complex site project)
18: internal -> maven-archetype-webapp (A simple Java web application)
19: internal -> struts2-archetype-starter (A starter Struts 2
application with Sitemesh, DWR, and Spring)
20: internal -> struts2-archetype-blank (A minimal Struts 2 application)
21: internal -> struts2-archetype-portlet (A minimal Struts 2
application that can be deployed as a portlet)
22: internal -> struts2-archetype-dbportlet (A starter Struts 2 portlet
that demonstrates a simple CRUD interface with db backing)
23: internal -> struts2-archetype-plugin (A Struts 2 plugin)
24: internal -> shale-archetype-blank (A blank Shale web application
with JSF)
25: internal -> maven-adf-archetype (Archetype to ease the burden of
creating a new application based with ADF)
26: internal -> data-app (A new Databinder application with sources and
resources.)
27: internal -> jini-service-archetype (Archetype for Jini service
project creation)
28: internal -> softeu-archetype-seam (JSF+Facelets+Seam Archetype)
29: internal -> softeu-archetype-seam-simple (JSF+Facelets+Seam (no
persistence) Archetype)
30: internal -> softeu-archetype-jsf (JSF+Facelets Archetype)
31: internal -> jpa-maven-archetype (JPA application)
32: internal -> spring-osgi-bundle-archetype (Spring-OSGi archetype)
33: internal -> confluence-plugin-archetype (Atlassian Confluence plugin
archetype)
34: internal -> maven-archetype-har (Hibernate Archive)
35: internal -> maven-archetype-sar (JBoss Service Archive)
36: internal -> wicket-archetype-quickstart (A simple Apache Wicket
project) Choose a number:
(1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/20/21/22/23/24/25/26/27
/28/29/30/31/32/33/34/35/36):
~~~

Obviously there is something wrong with the archetype type.

I have tried adding various
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository URL's as a
remote repository, but cannot find the right one. It is the same with
the servicemix-service-assembly.

Also I have tried moving my local maven repository aside to start from a
fresh .m2, but with no effect.

Finally I tried "smx-arch" with a command like "smx-arch su bean" with
the same ill results.

Versions:
- ServiceMix 3.2.1
- JDK 1.5.0_10 on debian etch

What am I doing wrong? Any help is appreciated.

Kind regards,
  Frank

Re: Archetype servicemix-service-unit not found for tutorial-file-su

Posted by Chris Custine <cc...@apache.org>.
There is some additional information in the comments for this issue.  Thanks
to Dan Kulp from CXF for taking this to the Maven folks.

http://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/SM-1224

Chris

Posted by John Wess <jo...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by WallyLee <Wa...@raytheon.com>.
Another workaround:

mvn org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-archetype-plugin:1.0-alpha-7:create
-DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.servicemix.tooling
-DarchetypeArtifactId=servicemix-service-unit
-DgroupId=org.apache.servicemix -DartifactId=tutorial-file-su

AW: Archetype servicemix-service-unit not found for tutorial-file-su

Posted by Frank Trenkamp <ft...@mindwerk.de>.
Dear Gert,

>This appears to be a 'feature'  of the latest release of Maven's
>archetype plugin.  For now, a workaround could be to define a local
>archetype catalog.  This is a file  named ~/.m2/archetype-catalog.xml
in
>which you define the ServiceMix archetypes you want to use.  An
example:

><?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
><archetype-catalog>
>  <archetypes>
>    <archetype>
>      <groupId>org.apache.servicemix.tooling</groupId>
>      <artifactId>servicemix-service-unit</artifactId>
>      <version>3.2.1</version>
>      <repository>http://repo1.maven.org/maven2</repository>
>      <description>ServiceMix archetype for creating a simple
>SU</description>
>    </archetype>
>  </archetypes>
></archetype-catalog>

>Off course, you would also have to add all the orther archetypes you
>want to use.  After that, you can use "mvn archetype:create
>-DarchetypeCatalog=local" to bring up the same menu as you mention in
>your post, but with the ServiceMix archetypes in there.  Maven will
also
>prompt you for all the additional information it needs.  Let's hope
they
>will support the original way of doing things as well again in there
>next release, but in the meanwhile: could you open a JIRA issue so we
>can provide a ServiceMix archetype-catalog somewhere on the web for all

>our users ASAP.

thank you, with your help I was able to work through the sample.

I have opened a JIRA issue SM-1224 for the component "archetypes":

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
Frank,

[...]

Hope this helps,

Gert