Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by "Hiller, Dean x66079" <de...@broadridge.com> on 2011/06/22 00:43:53 UTC

I have seen this exception on some posts around but don't see the cause/solution(RamDirectory)..

Anyone know how to do a simple RamDirectory...I just created it but it is failing with this...

Caused by: org.apache.lucene.index.IndexNotFoundException: no segments* file found in org.apache.lucene.store.RAMDirectory@1d5a7f6 lockFactory=org.apache.lucene.store.SingleInstanceLockFactory@64804: files: []
      at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentInfos$FindSegmentsFile.run(SegmentInfos.java:711)
      at org.apache.lucene.index.DirectoryReader.open(DirectoryReader.java:75)
      at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.open(IndexReader.java:428)
      at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.open(IndexReader.java:288)
      at org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.<init>(IndexSearcher.java:107)
      at com.broadridge.nosql.impl.base.QueryTemp2.getResultListImpl(QueryTemp2.java:82)
      at com.broadridge.nosql.impl.base.QueryTemp2.getResultList(QueryTemp2.java:67)
      ... 43 more

Thanks,
Dean

attachments from your system.

RE: I have seen this exception on some posts around but don't see the cause/solution(RamDirectory)..

Posted by "Hiller, Dean x66079" <de...@broadridge.com>.
That was it, thanks!!!
Dean

At a guess you are trying to open a searcher on a RAMDirectory that
doesn't yet contain anything.  Files only get written when stuff is
added to an index and the writer is closed or committed.

--
Ian.

Posted by Ian Lea <ia...@gmail.com>.