Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Rik Bosman <g....@gmail.com> on 2005/11/09 15:57:47 UTC

CheckStyle html report contains no source link

Hi,
 I want to use maven2 to generate some reports (e.g. mvn site) to check code
produced by a company working for us in India. Generating the reports for
pmd and checkstyle goes pretty straightforward, but the html links (the
mentioned line should be a link) are missing. I saw this feature in some
examples which I found on the Internet.
How could this be done?
 Currenty I only have a simple pom.xml with only 2 plugins. Do I need
another plugin to generate the (xref?) sources? Where can this plugin be
found?
 Thanks a lot.
 Rik

Re: CheckStyle html report contains no source link

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
On 11/11/05, David Sag <ds...@epo.org> wrote:

> Unfortunately our firewalls here don't let me checkout the source from
> subversion servers that are not on https, so in this case I would need to go
> home, use my laptop to check out the source, build it there and then
> manually copy the jars to my windoze box at work.

You can use https.

It would be easier for me, and anyone else where I work, if the update could
> just be released, as it clearly was fixed weeks ago.

We take releases very seriously actually, so we don't just pump one out with
every bugfix. This was a silly mistake I made after testing, and I should
have published a correction by now. That said, there should be one of the
javadoc plugin soon - there are just a few outstanding issues.

You can access development builds by putting the following in your
pluginRepositories element:
http://snapshots.maven.codehaus.org/maven2

I will push up a development build of the Javadoc plugin shortly.

We are currently rejigging our development process to better support
individual plugin releases, and it is slowing things up while we get there.
It won't be long. As you've noticed there is a crazy amount of traffic on
this list and so we've been focusing on keeping that answered and building
up the documentation base accordingly.

Isn't one of the points of using something like continuum that you can
> release nightly snapshot releases?

Yes, this is what we are moving to set up.

- Brett

RE: CheckStyle html report contains no source link

Posted by Jeff Jensen <je...@upstairstechnology.com>.
Valid points. I add docs to that list.

When unable to work on them, I suggest finding or creating JIRA issues and
lobbying others to vote on them!  This gives some indication to the Maven
dev team what us users value.

  _____

Unfortunately our firewalls here don't let me checkout the source from
subversion servers that are not on https, so in this case I would need to go
home, use my laptop to check out the source, build it there and then
manually copy the jars to my windoze box at work.

It would be easier for me, and anyone else where I work, if the update could
just be released, as it clearly was fixed weeks ago.

Isn't one of the points of using something like continuum that you can
release nightly snapshot releases?

It does make me wonder about other developers - the main issues i have with
m2 are this javadoc bug, the lack of plugins for the standards code-quality
tools, lack of support for the assert statement, and the obviously broken
PMD and checkstyle plugins.  All of this seems to indicate that formal code
quality is not a concern for the majority of developers.

Kind regards,
Dave Sag

Posted by David Sag <ds...@epo.org>.

Posted by Rik Bosman <g....@gmail.com>.