Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Marco Crivellaro <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/23 11:08:10 UTC

camel-rabbitmq logging exceptions as debug

Hi,
I am using Camel 2.14.0
Connecting to RabbitMQ using camel-rabbitmq I've noticed that no ERROR is
logged if the component cannot connect, the exceptions are handled and
logged as DEBUG.
This is a bit inconvenient as logging all DEBUG messages for the component
fills up our logs, in production we usually set INFO as threshold.

Is there any way of changing the logging level or be notified if the
component cannot connect?

ActiveMQ component does not have this issue (at least on Camel 2.8.x which
we are using in production).

Re: camel-rabbitmq logging exceptions as debug

Posted by Marco Crivellaro <ma...@gmail.com>.
opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-7967

thanks

Re: camel-rabbitmq logging exceptions as debug

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Yeah that sounds like we should improve this. Feel free to log a JIRA ticket
http://camel.apache.org/support

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 11:08 AM, Marco Crivellaro
<ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am using Camel 2.14.0
> Connecting to RabbitMQ using camel-rabbitmq I've noticed that no ERROR is
> logged if the component cannot connect, the exceptions are handled and
> logged as DEBUG.
> This is a bit inconvenient as logging all DEBUG messages for the component
> fills up our logs, in production we usually set INFO as threshold.
>
> Is there any way of changing the logging level or be notified if the
> component cannot connect?
>
> ActiveMQ component does not have this issue (at least on Camel 2.8.x which
> we are using in production).

Claus Ibsen
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: cibsen@redhat.com