Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by laredotornado <la...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/02 18:10:09 UTC

Any way to customize this validate number message?

Hi,

I'm using MyFaces 1.1.6.  I have this ...

                <h:inputText id="domeTourNumber_of_Adults"
value="#{domeTour.numAdults}"
                                            required="false"
                                            size="60"
                                            maxlength="60"
                                            styleClass="textFields
numAdultsField">
                <f:validator validatorId="TourRequiredIfCheckedValidator" />
               	<f:validator validatorId="TourTotalPeopleValidator" />
               	<f:validator validatorId="TourAdultChildRatioValidator" />
               </h:inputText>

in which the bean's set and get type is an int.  So if I enter a value like
"aaa" into the field, I get a message like

tourType:domeTourNumber_of_Adults: 'aaa' must be a number between
-2147483648 and 2147483647 Example: 9346

I would like to customize this message.  Anyone know how I can do that?
Thanks, - Dave

Re: AW: AW: Any way to customize this validate number message?

Posted by Jakob Korherr <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

You can obtain the label from a managed bean (e.g. #{bean.label}) and check
FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().getRenderResponse().

If true, it is the value for the label.
If false, it is the value for the FacesMessage.

I hope this works in your version. I only did a short (and a bit different)
test in myfaces 1.2, but that worked well.

Regards

Jakob Korherr

Posted by "Günther, Rene - Innflow AG" <re...@innflow.com>.
Btw. the file where are the messages are located is

myfaces-impl-x.x.x.jar!/javax.faces/MessagesXXX.properties

Posted by laredotornado <la...@gmail.com>.

Posted by laredotornado <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rene,

Posted by "Günther, Rene - Innflow AG" <re...@innflow.com>.
Hi Dave,

If I remember correctly, if you use a label and use t:inputText instead of
h:inputText together with forceId="true" in the message
tourType:domeTourNumber_of_Adults: will be replaced with the name of the
label.

There is also a key relating to MyFaces applicationResources.properties file
which contains the message. If you find the key you could use that key along
with your customized message into your applicationResources file which takes
precedence over MyFaces one. You might find the message key eg. by looking
up the file in the MyFaces sources.

If you need different parameters than the default one you'd probably have to
write your own validator.

Cheers
Rene

Re: Any way to customize this validate number message?

Posted by Julián Osorio Amaya <ju...@gmail.com>.
Greetings!!!

You can use javascript to validate this field or you can build your own
validator

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 12:10 PM, laredotornado <la...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using MyFaces 1.1.6.  I have this ...
>
>                <h:inputText id="domeTourNumber_of_Adults"
> value="#{domeTour.numAdults}"
>                                            required="false"
>                                            size="60"
>                                            maxlength="60"
>                                            styleClass="textFields
> numAdultsField">
>                <f:validator validatorId="TourRequiredIfCheckedValidator" />
>                <f:validator validatorId="TourTotalPeopleValidator" />
>                <f:validator validatorId="TourAdultChildRatioValidator" />
>               </h:inputText>
>
> in which the bean's set and get type is an int.  So if I enter a value like
> "aaa" into the field, I get a message like
>
> tourType:domeTourNumber_of_Adults: 'aaa' must be a number between
> -2147483648 and 2147483647 Example: 9346
>
> I would like to customize this message.  Anyone know how I can do that?
> Thanks, - Dave

Julián Osorio Amaya.