Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by wangxiaowei <wa...@software.ict.ac.cn> on 2008/04/22 10:39:14 UTC

I need your help sincerely!

hello, I am a Chinese user.I am using hadoop-0.15.3 now.The problem is that:I install hadoop with three nodes.One is taken as NameNode and JobTracker.The three are all taken as slaves. It dfs runs normally.I use your example of wordcount,the instruction is:bin/hadoop jar hadoop-0.15.3-examples.jar wordcount -m 6 -r 2 inputfile outoutdir then I submit it.when it runs,the map tasks are all completes,but the reduce task do not run at all! I checked the log of JobTracker,finding the error:
    at java.util.Hashtable.get(Hashtable.java:334)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.ReduceTask$ReduceCopier.fetchOutput(ReduceTask.java:966)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.ReduceTask.run
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskTracker$Child.main()
the machine just stoped there,I have to ctrl+c to stop the program.
but when I use this instructon:bin/hadoop jar hadoop-0.15.3-examples.jar wordcount -m 2 -r 1 inputfile outoutdir
   it runs successfully!
   I do not konw why! I think the numbers of machines should be greater than mapTasks,so i set it 6.my machines number is 3.
   Looking forward for your reply!
                                                                                          4.22,2008
                                                                                          xiaowei

Re: I need your help sincerely!

Posted by Enis Soztutar <en...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

The number of map tasks is supposed to be greater than the number of
machines, so in your configuration, 6 map tasks is ok. However there
should be another problem. Have you changed the code for word count?

Please ensure that the example code is unchanged and your configuration
is right. Also you may want to try the latest stable release, which is
0.16.3 at this point.