Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by devosc <de...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/01 06:09:55 UTC

immediateSort, dataTable, dataScroller, WorkingWithLargeTables

Hi,

I'm trying to get the sort action to act immediately, while using the
dataScroller and WorkingWithLargeTables
(http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/WorkingWithLargeTables).

It behaves (immediately) as expected when the bean is in the request
scope and preserveSort = false, but then upon pagination the sort
value is lost.

The other scenario I've seen is that the sort is not invoked untill
the next pagination request, i.e. it doesnt sort immediately (not with
the same above mentioned scope and preserveSort settings).

Atm:

scope: request
preserveDataModel: true
preserveSort: false

Without the above I dont see the getDataPage being called (immediately).

Is the DataScrollerActionListener supposed to come into play somewhere here ?

Does someone knows which settings, and possibly what aspects of the
code (from the LargeTables example) need to be set or worked on ?

G.