Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Rainer Fügenstein <rf...@oudeis.org> on 2014/02/07 15:11:51 UTC

Re[2]: regexp for SMTP AUTH

MUf> This was the point. If the line that should be matched with the rule is the
MUf> first one, AND the check is done before MTA adds Received: line (which is
MUf> case when the milter is used), this is an issue of the intermediate program
MUf> that feeds mail to spamassassin.

MUf> Now, Rainer, can you confirm this is the case?

what I can tell is the following:
- spamass-milter 0.3.1 is in use. this seems to be the most current
version.
- if I understand this conversation correctly: the line

has already been passed to spamassassin (or been "virtually created"
when the regex rules are applied, but the following lines

     (authenticated bits=0)
     by myserver.mydomain.at (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id s0VEsVIv028654
     (version=TLSv1/SSLv3 cipher=DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA bits=256 verify=NO)

haven't. does this make sense? is this how SA is implemented?

I'll enable spamass-milter debug output and see if I can make any
sense of it.

cu

--- NOT sent from an iPhone

Re: regexp for SMTP AUTH

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.

On 07.02.14 15:11, Rainer Fügenstein wrote:
>what I can tell is the following:
>- spamass-milter 0.3.1 is in use. this seems to be the most current
>version.
>- if I understand this conversation correctly: the line

>has already been passed to spamassassin (or been "virtually created"
>when the regex rules are applied, but the following lines
>
>     (authenticated bits=0)
>     by myserver.mydomain.at (8.13.8/8.13.8) with ESMTP id s0VEsVIv028654
>     (version=TLSv1/SSLv3 cipher=DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA bits=256 verify=NO)
>
>haven't. does this make sense? is this how SA is implemented?

It's the whole _first_ multi-line Received: header (pardon - not line) that
is faked by spamass-milter when passing to spamd and the one you see is
added by sendmail later.  So, spamd apparently sees something different than
you do.