Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by CASSANDRA learner <ca...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/27 09:38:03 UTC

Can we store java objects and images/files in cassandra

Hi,

Can we store images , java objects, files in cassandra, if so , how....
Please let me know this as i need it urgently...

Re: Can we store java objects and images/files in cassandra

Posted by CASSANDRA learner <ca...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the response Oliver,

Can you please let me know where can i find an example for storing images
and files. I could not able to find one in tht link. Please let me know

Posted by mcasandra <mo...@gmail.com>.
CASSANDRA learner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can we store images , java objects, files in cassandra, if so , how....
> Please let me know this as i need it urgently...

Look at  http://goo.gl/S2E3C http://goo.gl/S2E3C

It really depends on your workload. With heavy workloads cassandra is not
the right solution to store images and other large objects. You will get hit
by compactions taking longer, slow reads, disk space wastage since currently
you need 50% of unused disk space. But if you have low throughput
requirements then you can probably go with Cassandra. It's best to run some
stress test with bigger column size and projected traffic for next several
years.