Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Joseph Huber <JH...@stanref.com> on 2018/07/12 21:20:59 UTC

How to exclude generated sources from javadoc

Hello!

I have a Netbeans 8.2/JDK 1.8/ant project that has a web service client.  Unfortunately, JDK 1.8 wsimport generates invalid Javadoc code for JDK 1.8 javadoc.  Thus, when Javadoc runs, there are numerous fatal errors in when Javadoc is processing the code generated by wsimport.

I found the <fileset> tags in the JAVADOC SECTION in build-impl.xml that include the generated sources, and commented them out.  That prevents Javadoc from running on the generated files, but then Javadoc crashes on my java code on the “import” lines that reference the generated sources with “error: package webservice.yyy.com does not exist”

Is there some workaround for this?

Thank You!

Joe Huber