Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by "Lorenzo M.Catucci" <lo...@argon.roma2.infn.it> on 1998/02/05 14:46:37 UTC

config/1773: IdentityCheck directive not really allowed inside .htaccess

>Number:         1773
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       IdentityCheck directive not really allowed inside .htaccess
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Even though the docs say:
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:

>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:

>>IdentityCheck directive
>>
>>Syntax: IdentityCheck boolean
>>Default: IdentityCheck off
>>Context: server config, virtual host, directory, .htaccess

I can use the directive only inside a <Directory >...</Directory> section
of access.conf. Here is what I get if I try using the directive inside the
following .htaccess file:

public_html/ident/.htaccess:
AddType application/x-httpd-cgi CGI
IdentityCheck On

error.log:
[Thu Feb  5 13:03:10 1998] [alert] (2)No such file or directory:
 [...] public_html/ident/.htaccess: IdentityCheck not allowed here
Now, it seems the directory got enough privileges to add the cgi type, but
not to enable an ident... At the very least, I feel this as a shortcoming
in the docs, which states to the opposite of what happens, or refrains from
stating which options you need to be able to enable IdentityCheck on a
granular, per-directory way.

Yours,

lorenzo m catucci

RE: config/1773: IdentityCheck directive not really allowed insi

Posted by Lars Eilebrecht <La...@unix-ag.org>.
According to Lorenzo M.Catucci:

>   [...] public_html/ident/.htaccess: IdentityCheck not allowed here
>  Now, it seems the directory got enough privileges to add the cgi type, but
>  not to enable an ident... At the very least, I feel this as a shortcoming
>  in the docs, which states to the opposite of what happens, or refrains from
>  stating which options you need to be able to enable IdentityCheck on a
>  granular, per-directory way.

AFAIK IdentityCheck was never allowed inside .htaccess... I think the
doc should be fixed, should it?

ciao...
--
Lars Eilebrecht                         - Masochist: Windows programmer
sfx@unix-ag.org                                         with a smile.