Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Robert Farrior <rf...@home.com> on 1999/10/27 07:17:33 UTC

mod_jserv/5207: Unable to get servlets to connect to JDBC driver

>Number:         5207
>Category:       mod_jserv
>Synopsis:       Unable to get servlets to connect to JDBC driver
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Get various errors trying to connect to JDBC. Currently running mm.mysql.jdbc-1.2.
Registering Driver with DriverManager directly as I heard that not doing so can
cause a problem connecting to the driver. I get "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/gjt/mm/mysql/Driver"
in Jserv.log.  My CLASSPATH includes jdk1.2/jre/lib/rt.jar, ....jsdk.jar and
..../mm.mysql.jdbc-1.2b.

The line of code that is "hanging" is:

DriverManager.registerDriver(new org.gjt.m.mysql.Driver());

That is the only place in the code where I reference the full path to the Driver class.

I get the same problem when I use the tzFM drivers instead.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
I'm not sure where the problem is coming from. I know the Apache JServ jar file has
the org/ path. Is there a conflict if Jserv's classpath and JDBC's classpath both
begin with org.? Other than that, I'm stumped.
[to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]