Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Brian Minchau <mi...@ca.ibm.com> on 2006/10/27 16:59:43 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Xalan drop support to run on JRE 1.1.x

To Xalan-J users/committers:

On October 16, 2006 I sent a note to the mailing lists
xalan-j-users@xml.apache.org and xalan-dev@xml.apache.org
asking if there was anyone who wishes Apache Xalan to continue
supporting the Java runtime environment 1.1.x.

There was no reply to that note, so now I'm requesting a vote
from the PMC members, who are the people who have binding
votes, and the PMC members are:
- Arun Yadav
- Brian Minchau
- Christine Li
- Dmitry Hayes
- Henry Zongaro
- John Gentilin
- Ramesh Mandava
- Santiago Pericas-Geertsen

Others may vote as a show of user support, or the opposite.

- - - - - -

I move that Apache Xalan no longer support running on JRE 1.1.x
starting with release 2.7.1.

+1 from me (Brian Minchau), Apache Xalan PMC

Regards,
Brian Minchau
Apache Xalan PMC Member
e-mail: minchau@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Apache Xalan drop support to run on JRE 1.1.x

Posted by Ramesh Babu Mandava <Ra...@Sun.COM>.

> I move that Apache Xalan *no longer* support running on JRE 1.1.x
> starting with release 2.7.1.

+1

Regards
-Ramesh

Posted by Santiago Pericas-Geertsen <Sa...@Sun.COM>.
On Oct 27, 2006, at 10:59 AM, Brian Minchau wrote:

> I move that Apache Xalan no longer support running on JRE 1.1.x
> starting with release 2.7.1.

  +1

-- Santiago

Re: [VOTE] Apache Xalan drop support to run on JRE 1.1.x

Posted by Mukul Gandhi <ga...@gmail.com>.
My vote:

+1

On 10/27/06, Brian Minchau <mi...@ca.ibm.com> wrote:

> To Xalan-J users/committers:
>
> On October 16, 2006 I sent a note to the mailing lists
> xalan-j-users@xml.apache.org and xalan-dev@xml.apache.org
> asking if there was anyone who wishes Apache Xalan to continue
> supporting the Java runtime environment 1.1.x.
>

> There was no reply to that note, so now I'm requesting a vote
> from the PMC members, who are the people who have binding
> votes, and the PMC members are:
> - Arun Yadav
> - Brian Minchau
> - Christine Li
> - Dmitry Hayes
> - Henry Zongaro
> - John Gentilin
> - Ramesh Mandava
> - Santiago Pericas-Geertsen
>
> Others may vote as a show of user support, or the opposite.
>
> - - - - - -
>
> I move that Apache Xalan no longer support running on JRE 1.1.x
> starting with release 2.7.1.
>
> +1 from me (Brian Minchau), Apache Xalan PMC
>

> Regards,
> Brian Minchau
> Apache Xalan PMC Member
> e-mail: minchau@apache.org

Mukul Gandhi

Re: [VOTE] Apache Xalan drop support to run on JRE 1.1.x

Posted by venkat naidu <ve...@gmail.com>.
+1

   with the rest of the world

bye
Venk@

Posted by John Gentilin <ge...@eyecatching.com>.
+1

Brian Minchau wrote:
> To Xalan-J users/committers:
>
> On October 16, 2006 I sent a note to the mailing lists
> xalan-j-users@xml.apache.org and xalan-dev@xml.apache.org
> asking if there was anyone who wishes Apache Xalan to continue
> supporting the Java runtime environment 1.1.x.
>

> There was no reply to that note, so now I'm requesting a vote
> from the PMC members, who are the people who have binding
> votes, and the PMC members are:
> - Arun Yadav
> - Brian Minchau
> - Christine Li
> - Dmitry Hayes
> - Henry Zongaro
> - John Gentilin
> - Ramesh Mandava
> - Santiago Pericas-Geertsen
>
> Others may vote as a show of user support, or the opposite.
>
> - - - - - -
>
> I move that Apache Xalan no longer support running on JRE 1.1.x
> starting with release 2.7.1.
>
> +1 from me (Brian Minchau), Apache Xalan PMC
>

> Regards,
> Brian Minchau
> Apache Xalan PMC Member
> e-mail: minchau@apache.org

--------------------------------------
John Gentilin
Eye Catching Solutions Inc.
18314 Carlwyn Drive
Castro Valley CA 94546

    Contact Info
gentijo@eyecatching.com
Ca Office 1-510-881-4821
NJ Office 1-732-422-4917

Re: [VOTE] Apache Xalan drop support to run on JRE 1.1.x

Posted by John Gentilin <ge...@eyecatching.com>.
+1

Brian Minchau wrote:
> To Xalan-J users/committers:
>
> On October 16, 2006 I sent a note to the mailing lists
> xalan-j-users@xml.apache.org and xalan-dev@xml.apache.org
> asking if there was anyone who wishes Apache Xalan to continue
> supporting the Java runtime environment 1.1.x.
>

> There was no reply to that note, so now I'm requesting a vote
> from the PMC members, who are the people who have binding
> votes, and the PMC members are:
> - Arun Yadav
> - Brian Minchau
> - Christine Li
> - Dmitry Hayes
> - Henry Zongaro
> - John Gentilin
> - Ramesh Mandava
> - Santiago Pericas-Geertsen
>
> Others may vote as a show of user support, or the opposite.
>
> - - - - - -
>
> I move that Apache Xalan no longer support running on JRE 1.1.x
> starting with release 2.7.1.
>
> +1 from me (Brian Minchau), Apache Xalan PMC
>

> Regards,
> Brian Minchau
> Apache Xalan PMC Member
> e-mail: minchau@apache.org

--------------------------------------
John Gentilin
Eye Catching Solutions Inc.
18314 Carlwyn Drive
Castro Valley CA 94546

    Contact Info
gentijo@eyecatching.com
Ca Office 1-510-881-4821
NJ Office 1-732-422-4917

Re: [VOTE] Apache Xalan drop support to run on JRE 1.1.x

Posted by Santiago Pericas-Geertsen <Sa...@Sun.COM>.
On Oct 27, 2006, at 10:59 AM, Brian Minchau wrote:

> I move that Apache Xalan no longer support running on JRE 1.1.x
> starting with release 2.7.1.

  +1

-- Santiago

Re: [VOTE] Apache Xalan drop support to run on JRE 1.1.x

Posted by toadie D <to...@gmail.com>.
+1 for me.  If it simplifies the 2.7.1 code lines, i would even
support to drop support for JDK 1.2 and 1.3

Posted by Christine Li <jy...@ca.ibm.com>.
+1

Christine Li
XSLT Development
IBM Toronto Lab
Tel: (905)413-2601
Email: jycli@ca.ibm.com

Brian Minchau/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
27/10/2006 10:59 AM

xalan-j-users@xml.apache.org, xalan-dev@xml.apache.org
cc

Subject

Posted by Christine Li <jy...@ca.ibm.com>.
+1

Christine Li
XSLT Development
IBM Toronto Lab
Tel: (905)413-2601
Email: jycli@ca.ibm.com

Posted by Henry Zongaro <zo...@ca.ibm.com>.
Brian Minchau/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA wrote on 2006-10-27 10:59:43 AM:
> I move that Apache Xalan no longer support running on JRE 1.1.x
> starting with release 2.7.1.

+1

Thanks,

Henry

Re: [VOTE] Apache Xalan drop support to run on JRE 1.1.x

Posted by Dmitry Hayes <dm...@ca.ibm.com>.
+1
Thanks!
Dmitry Hayes
XSLT  Development
IBM Toronto Lab
Phone:  905-413-3820
E-mail:  dmitryh@ca.ibm.com

Brian Minchau/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA
27/10/2006 10:59 AM
Please respond to
xalan-dev@xml.apache.org

Posted by Henry Zongaro <zo...@ca.ibm.com>.
Brian Minchau/Toronto/IBM@IBMCA wrote on 2006-10-27 10:59:43 AM:
> I move that Apache Xalan no longer support running on JRE 1.1.x
> starting with release 2.7.1.

+1

Thanks,

Henry
Henry Zongaro      XSLT Processors Development
mailto:zongaro@ca.ibm.com

Re: [VOTE] Apache Xalan drop support to run on JRE 1.1.x

Posted by DB...@Primavera.com.
+1

Brian Minchau <mi...@ca.ibm.com>
10/27/2006 10:59 AM