Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by daniel joyce <da...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/04 00:34:48 UTC

Start.tml behaviour?

If my tapestry app is under foo, on host somehost.com, then I know
that requests for somehost.com/foo pulls foo.pages.Start.tml

But if I go to somehost.com/foo/bar/, that request doesn't appear to
be pulling foo.bar.pages.Start.tml

Am I missing something? I thought this would work. Basically if a user
goes up a level, I want to ensure that they at least get a Start.tml
document that will redirect them to a more approproate location.

-Daniel

Re: Start.tml behaviour?

Posted by Alex Kotchnev <ak...@gmail.com>.
rather, afaik it should look for ...pages.bar.Index . In other words
the bar/ in the url maps to a subpackage  'bar' of the pages package.

On 4/3/09, daniel joyce <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If my tapestry app is under foo, on host somehost.com, then I know
> that requests for somehost.com/foo pulls foo.pages.Start.tml
>
> But if I go to somehost.com/foo/bar/, that request doesn't appear to
> be pulling foo.bar.pages.Start.tml
>
> Am I missing something? I thought this would work. Basically if a user
> goes up a level, I want to ensure that they at least get a Start.tml
> document that will redirect them to a more approproate location.
>
> -Daniel

Sent from my mobile device

Re: Start.tml behaviour?

Posted by Alex Kotchnev <ak...@gmail.com>.
How about ...pages.foo.Index ?

On 4/3/09, daniel joyce <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If my tapestry app is under foo, on host somehost.com, then I know
> that requests for somehost.com/foo pulls foo.pages.Start.tml
>
> But if I go to somehost.com/foo/bar/, that request doesn't appear to
> be pulling foo.bar.pages.Start.tml
>
> Am I missing something? I thought this would work. Basically if a user
> goes up a level, I want to ensure that they at least get a Start.tml
> document that will redirect them to a more approproate location.
>
> -Daniel

Sent from my mobile device

Re: Start.tml behaviour?

Posted by manuel aldana <al...@gmx.de>.
I recently had the same question :)
http://www.nabble.com/make-Start-page-default-for-page-subfolder-td22766276.html

tapestry changed from Start to Index as default implicit page since a
while ago, which makes more sense (Index sounds more standard as Start).

daniel joyce schrieb:
> If my tapestry app is under foo, on host somehost.com, then I know
> that requests for somehost.com/foo pulls foo.pages.Start.tml
>
> But if I go to somehost.com/foo/bar/, that request doesn't appear to
> be pulling foo.bar.pages.Start.tml
>
> Am I missing something? I thought this would work. Basically if a user
> goes up a level, I want to ensure that they at least get a Start.tml
> document that will redirect them to a more approproate location.
>
> -Daniel

 manuel aldana
 aldana@gmx.de
 software-engineering blog: http://www.aldana-online.de