Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by Srinath Perera <sr...@wso2.com> on 2017/10/17 10:13:06 UTC

Minimal HA Deploy Apache Storm

Hi All,

I am trying to write an article comparing minimal HA(Highly available)
deployments of different streaming processing systems.

Basically, the question is if an organization has a limited workload, such
as 10k events per second, which might grow in the future, what is the
minimal setup they can use to run a highly available Stream Processor?

Could someone help answer following questions?

   1.

   How many nodes minimal Apache Storm HA setup needs? As I understood from
   [2], it includes zookeeper nodes, 2 leaders + Nimbus supervisor + Worker
   nodes. Is this correct?
   2.

   As per [1], Zookeeper needs minimal 3 nodes to provide HA. Is there a
   way to run Apache Storm without HA?

Thanks

Srinath

   1.