Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org> on 2008/05/19 17:51:05 UTC

[TRINIDAD] how to define media specific styles?

I would like to to remove buttons from printed copies of a web page. To
do this using CSS, I simply add @media print{ myStyle{ display:none;}}
This does appear to where with Trinidad.  I tried the following to no avail:
@media print{
    af|commandButton{ display: none;}
}

@import url(my_print_style.css) print;

Suggestions?

Paul Spencer

Re: [TRINIDAD] how to define media specific styles?

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.
Jeanne Waldman wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> Are you using the <output-mode>printable</output-mode>?

No, I am not using <output-mode>.  When I added
<output-mode>printable</output-mode>, the <tr:icon> image in the
"branding" facet of <tr:page> was not generated.

By design the user can display the page, then use the browser's print
functionality without re-rendering the page.  In this case <output-mode>
does is not very useful since the page is displayed and printed from the
same rendering.  Media specific CSS is used to remove elements like
Command Buttons when the pages is printed.

> That does it for you automatically.
> I'm not sure if the skinning parser parses the css file correctly for
> the @import and the @media. It should pass these through to the
> generated css.
>
> Can you look at the generated css to see what it is doing?

None of the @imports or @media element appear in the generated CSS

Is this a bug in the css parser?

Posted by Jeanne Waldman <je...@oracle.com>.
Hi Paul,

[TRINIDAD] disclosure interface

Posted by Mathias Walter <ma...@gmx.net>.
Hi,

UIXTable and UIXTree supporting various *Disclosure* methods.

I couldn't find an interface which is implemented by both components of
introduces these methods.

Is it planed to implement such an interface?

--
Kind regards,
Mathias