Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com> on 2020/11/27 10:11:31 UTC

[TCK] JPA issue

Hello,

As mentioned, I'm currently working on JPA to address the TCK issues.
I'm facing one where I'd like to get some feedback. I think it's again a
TCK bug that's why I would appreciate some more eyes before opening a
challenge.

The test is com.sun.ts.tests.jpa.ee.packaging.jar.Client -->
https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck/blob/master/src/com/sun/ts/tests/jpa/ee/packaging/jar/Client.java

This error is this one

>     Caused by: Exception [EclipseLink-28018] (Eclipse Persistence Services - 2.7.4.v20190115-ad5b7c6b2a): org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.EntityManagerSetupException
> Exception Description: Predeployment of PersistenceUnit [CTS-EM] failed.
> Internal Exception: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /Users/<path>/jakartaeetck-prebuilt-8.0.2/release/jakartaeetck-prebuilt-8.0.2/dist/com/sun/ts/tests/jpa/ee/packaging/jar/jpa_ee_packaging_jar_vehicles/lib/jpa_ee_packaging_jar_jarfile1.jar (No such file or directory)
>       at org.eclipse.persistence.exceptions.EntityManagerSetupException.predeployFailed(EntityManagerSetupException.java:233)
>       ... 63 more
>    Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /Users/<path>/jakartaeetck-prebuilt-8.0.2/release/jakartaeetck-prebuilt-8.0.2/dist/com/sun/ts/tests/jpa/ee/packaging/jar/jpa_ee_packaging_jar_vehicles/lib/jpa_ee_packaging_jar_jarfile1.jar (No such file or directory)
>       at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.metadata.MetadataProcessor.loadStandardMappingFiles(MetadataProcessor.java:491)
>       at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.metadata.MetadataProcessor.loadMappingFiles(MetadataProcessor.java:400)
>       at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.deployment.PersistenceUnitProcessor.processORMetadata(PersistenceUnitProcessor.java:619)
>       at org.eclipse.persistence.internal.jpa.EntityManagerSetupImpl.predeploy(EntityManagerSetupImpl.java:2003)

If we open the EAR file and look at the persistence.xml it indeed has 2
jar-file entries. Great.
But if we look at the file name and compare it to what's on the left side
(EAR content), we can see that the jar file name is not fully the expected
one.

Before 1 and 2, there is a "jarfile" in the persistence.xml

I don't see how it could work.
What do you think?

--
Jean-Louis Monteiro
http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro

Re: [TCK] JPA issue

Posted by "Zowalla, Richard" <ri...@hs-heilbronn.de>.
From my perspective as a frequent JPA user:
If I specify jar-file elements in the persistence.xml, I want them to
be searched for managed persistence classes, and any mapping metadata
annotations (as stated in the JPA 2.2 spec). Thus, then a specified JAR
is not present (on the classpath or the location specified), I would
expect a failure rather than a warning.
If annotated classes are missing (due to a missing or wrongly packaged
JARs), the persistence unit isn't fully operable and will imho fail at
a later point.
Best,Richard Z

Re: [TCK] JPA issue

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.