Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/29 07:52:21 UTC

kafka 0.8 beta release status

We have updated the 0.8 documentation in our website (
http://kafka.apache.org/index.html). Please review the docs. We have the
following blockers for the 0.8 beta release:

additional docs:
* examples of using the 0.8 high level consumer api
* description of additional 0.8 tools

KAFKA-885 (sbt package builds two kafka jars)

It would be great if people can help on the blockers.

Thanks,

Jun

Re: kafka 0.8 beta release status

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
Our sbt already supports publishing to a maven endpoint. Not sure if that
works with Apache maven repo. We may need to manually upload to Apache
maven repo.

Thanks,

Jun

Posted by Soby Chacko <so...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
Yes.

Thanks,

Jun

Posted by Oleg Ruchovets <or...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Curtin <cu...@gmail.com>.
Just added the High Level Consumer example.

Posted by Chris Curtin <cu...@gmail.com>.