Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Paolo Viotti <pa...@eurecom.fr> on 2014/04/18 13:05:22 UTC

Imposing ZooKeeper ensemble leader.

Hello,

I'm running some performance experiments which involve ZooKeeper.
In order to simplify things I'd like to point all clients to the same
server, and, most importantly, I'd like that server to be the leader of
the ensemble.

So I was wondering: is there a way to choose and impose a leader of the
ensemble (thus bypassing the leader election algorithm)..?

Thanks in advance.
Kind regards,
Paolo

Re: Imposing ZooKeeper ensemble leader.

Posted by Matt Brown <Ma...@citrix.com>.
Another thing you could try is to send the "stat" command to each server
in your ensemble. On a leader it will return "Mode: leader" versus "Mode:
follower" for a follower.

Of course it's not necessarily guaranteed that the leader at the start of
the test will stay the leader throughout.

$ echo stat | nc zookeeper1 2181
Zookeeper version: 3.4.5-107--1, built on 05/20/2013 06:34 GMT
Clients:

Latency min/avg/max: 0/0/390
Sent: 2631466
Connections: 2